The first Anglican Church in Russell established a presence in 1856 on the south side of the Anglican Cemetery on Second Street. The church building was later sold to the Baptist congregation in 1894.
The present St. Mary’s Anglican Church was built by a small and dedicated congregation, who finally saw its opening in 1887. A Parish Hall became a necessity and was built in 1958 by church volunteers. An expansion of this hall was constructed by our parishioners and completed in 1992.
150th Anniversary Quilt
Historical Photos of St. Mary`s Anglican Church of Russell ON